Control Panel Location:
CP Overview --> Review All New
The Comment Module Control Panel allows you to moderate comments. By using the drop-down menus the list can be filtered by channel, comment status, or date range. You can select multiple comments using the checkboxes on the right, then either delete them or change their status using the option menu at the bottom of the page.
The main table shows the following columns:
- Comment: The comment body, limited by default to 50 characters. Also includes the commenter’s name and the title of the entry commented on.
- Date: The date and time assigned to the comment.
- IP: The commenter’s IP address.
- Status: The status of the comment (Pending, Open or Closed).
- Manage: Contains a link to view full comment details and to edit the comment.
Comment administration permissions are set on a per member role basis in Create/Edit Member Roles.
- Can Moderate Comments: Can view all comments and change the status of any comment.
- Can edit their own comments: Can view and edit only comments they made.
- Can delete their own comments: Can delete only comments they made.
- Can edit comments in ANY channel entries: Can view and edit any comment.
- Can delete comments in ANY channel entries: Can delete any comment.
Note: In order to moderate comments, the member must have access to the Comment Module Control Panel.
This screen allows you to edit Comment settings. Note that much of the behavior of the Comment Module is determined on a per Channel basis, and thus found in the Comment Posting Preferences section of the Channel Preferences.
Word censoring normally applies to the entire site, affecting both channel entries and comments. This setting allows you to apply word censoring to comments, even when it is not enabled system-wide.
By default, comments are no longer accepted for entries after their comment expiration date has passed. Select this preference to override that behavior and allow moderated comments on entries after comment expiration.
Set the length of time in seconds that members have to edit their comments on the front end of the site. Set to “0” for no limit. Members in the Super Admin group are exempt from this time limit.
The edit page shows the recorded comment data and allows editing of the individual comment.
Comments by registered members will use the member data when displaying name, email, URL and location. Thus these fields will not be editable for registered members.
If accessed by an administrator with only ‘Can Moderate Comments’ privileges, only the status will be editable.