Create/Edit Category Groups¶
Control Panel Location:
- Access settings: Design & Content
- Channel categories: Create Categories
- Channel categories: Edit Categories
- Channel categories: Delete Categories
This setting determines how raw HTML code within custom category fields is handled. There are three options:
- Convert HTML into character entities: This will convert the HTML tags so that they will display as plain text on a page when viewed. This would be useful if you want to display example code often.
- Allow only safe HTML: This will allow “safe” HTML (<b>, <i>, <u>, <em>, <strike>, <strong>, <pre>, <code>, <blockquote>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5>, <h6>) to be kept so that they are interpreted by the browser when the entry is viewed. All other HTML is converted to character entities and the raw code will be seen upon viewing.
- Allow ALL HTML: This leaves the HTML code as written and the code will then be interpreted by the browser when the entry is viewed.
Member groups who have “Can Edit Categories” privileges will be displayed in this list. You can select or deselect from these member groups to selectively allow or disallow access to editing categories within this group.
Member groups who have “Can Delete Categories” privileges will be displayed in this list. You can select or deselect from these member groups to selectively allow or disallow access to deleting categories within this group.
Both channel entries and files can be assigned to categories, the categories available are limited to the member group(s) assigned.
Some category groups may only make sense for files and some may only make sense for entries. With this setting, you can set the category group not to show as an option available when assigning channel or upload preferences.