Retired Documentation: You are using the documentation for version 1.7.3 which was retired in 2013. Go here for the latest version documentation or check here for your available upgrades to ExpressionEngine 3.
Meet the Control Panel
Also known as the "back end," the Control Panel is where most of your interaction with ExpressionEngine will take place. Here you'll publish and edit your content, manage your Templates and System Preferences, send email to your Mailing List, manage your personal information, and more. Try it yourself with the free online Control Panel demo.
Detailed information regarding each section of the Control Panel can be found below, although for purposes of this overview you can simply read the description on this page, then jump to the next section of the overview using the link at the bottom of the page.
- The Publish Page is where you'll add content to your site.
- The Edit Page is where you can edit existing content.
- The Templates Page is where you will manage the web pages of your site.
- The Communicate Page allows you to send email to individuals, groups, or to your mailing lists.
- The Modules Page lets you install and manage your ExpressionEngine modules.
- The My Account Page is where you can manage your personal information and that of your users.
- The Admin Page is where most of the system configuration and preferences are managed.