Multiple Site Manager¶
Manage multiple Sites from a single installation
The Multiple Site Manager does not alter the License Agreement. The license holder must be the owner of all Sites on a single installation.
One Installation, Multiple Websites¶
The Multiple Site Manager empowers you to create and manage multiple “websites” (Sites) from a single ExpressionEngine installation. These Sites can use your existing domain, sub-domains, a brand new domain, or a combination of the above. Each Site is has its own set of preferences, templates, and channels. This lets you leverage a single ExpressionEngine installation across multiple internet properties.
- Multiple Sites from a single installation
- Multiple Forums from a single installation (requires Discussion Forums 3.0)
- Member Database is “installation wide”
- Shared Member Groups across Sites
- Member Groups can have per Site preferences.
- Channels and Templates can be accessed across Sites
- Intuitively organized Control Panel
- Independent Preferences per site
- Specialty Templates per Site (Login screens, member profiles, etc...)
- Modules are Site Agnostic so any Site can use any Module.
- Purchased license of the latest version of ExpressionEngine
- All Sites must reside on the same server
- If using sub-domains or domains, directories must be able to access your main installation system directory. Please see Setup Domains and Sub-domains for more information.
- License holder must be the owner of all Sites