Update Notes for Version 2.0¶
ExpressionEngine 2.0.0 brings an immense amount of changes, most of which are handled for you automatically in the update process (such as the change of terminology from ‘weblog’ to ‘channel’). A few items here may require manual changes to be made.
The following list are items that are changing that you will want to be aware of prior to upgrading.
- Third-party add-ons from the version 1.x will not work with ExpressionEngine 2.0. Please contact each add-on’s author for a 2.0 compliant version before upgrading, or your site will not function properly.
- The Trackback module has been removed from ExpressionEngine. If you are using Trackbacks, you will be given the opportunity to export your existing trackbacks to an archive or convert them to comments before they are deleted.
- The Photo Gallery module has been removed from ExpressionEngine. If your installation of 1.x utilizes the Photo Gallery module, it is not recommended that you upgrade at this time, as a conversion to a new solution is not available in v2.0.0
- The features of the first-party Fresh Variables add-on have been incorporated natively into ExpressionEngine 2.0. If you have the Fresh Variables module installed, its content will be converted to Snippets.
- ExpressionEngine generated URLs no longer use a trailing slash.
- The deprecated HTML tags <strike> and <u> (and deprecated in v1.6.5 typography), will no longer render as inline tags when using XHTML typography. You will need to replace <strike> and <u> with the valid corresponding tags <del> and <em> to avoid unwanted paragraph breaks. If you need assistance with this modification, please contact ExpressionEngine support.