System Message Templates¶
Control Panel Location:
This section of the Control Panel is for managing the system message templates, such as the Site Offline template and the User Messages template.
In the General Settings section of the Control Panel you can specify whether or not your site is “Live”. If the site is not live then people will be presented with a message when they try to access your page. This can be useful if you are performing maintenance or other such things. This Message Page allows you to define the page that will be shown to people when your site is not “Live”.
Users often receive messages after performing actions in ExpressionEngine: logging in, submitting a form, etc. In addition, they may sometimes be shown error messages. You can determine how the page looks that displays these messages.
- Access settings: Design & Content
- Template Management Allowed actions: Manage Template Settings
- Template Management Allowed actions: Create New Templates
- Template Management Allowed actions: Edit Templates
- Template Management Allowed actions: Delete Templates
- Template Management Allowed template groups